Monday, April 8, 2013

A Flood of the Spirit and Rain

The rains came down and the floods came up........
April 8, 2013

Familia y Amigos,

Wow what an incredible week!!! This week was full of lots of great experiences that will be with me for the rest of my life!!! Last Monday and Tuesday it rained super hard!! We received about 30 CM of rain!!! Or about a foot of rain!! It was crazy!! It rained so hard!!! It flooded a lot of the city, there were a few places where it was up to our knees! We were out on the bikes when it started to rain and it rained so hard! I couldn’t see in front of me! Then my bike started to act up, and the chain broke, Haha so I had to fix it in the pouring rain. Haha but luckily I was having fun!!! At times the rain was above the wheel of my bike! We took some sweet pictures. I’ll send them. However, all the rain resulted in like 60 deaths in the capital here in BA it was a tough time for the people of Argentina. 
   On Wednesday we had a super awesome lesson with a family called the family Funes. They are less actives and they have a son that is 9 that has not been baptized. We have been working with them a lot and they are making a ton of progress! But even more incredible is the progress the dad is making! He has the Aaronic priesthood and is making so much progress!" he came to the priesthood session with his sons and absolutely loved it!! He is going to be a great leader in the church! We really need leaders here in Saladillo!!!
  Then on Thursday I had my comps life flash before my eyes! I was on the bike we had just left the house of an investigator and I was calling Elder Nilsen to do some branch business and all the sudden I hear the investigator scream and I turn around and see that Elder Smith was sprawled out on the ground and his bike a few yards away. I said to Elder Nilsen, Oh crap my comp just died. and hung up. I hurried over to see him laughing, I think he was a little embarrassed, his bike pedal had broke and he went a flying. It was a funny experience, even more because he is ok. Then the next day he was messing around and fell again, we got another good laugh out of it! Haha 
  Then the awesome part of the week got here...... CONFERENCE!!! I absolutely loved conference!! Every talk was meant for ME! I learned a ton from everyone of the talks!! From Sister Dalton's awesome talk to pte Monson's talk. Every talk was incredible. I don’t have time to give details about every single one but in reality I LOVED conference and had all my questions answered!!! It was a great experience!!"!!! I really really liked pte Eyring from the priesthood session!! He talked about Saladillo!! Well it wasn’t really Saladillo but it was very similar! He talked about all the great potential that these areas all have and I can’t wait to see all the growth that Saladillo will one day have!!! I have really been focusing on building this area with a super strong foundation!! This week I made a group mission plan, made plans for visiting and home teaching and also group mission counsel! I know that as we keep working with these things we will truly help the area of Saladillo become strength of the church!!!! 
  I have really been thinking a lot about what being out here in Saladillo has done for me, in reality it has done a ton!!!! I have learned how to depend on the LORD and I am so grateful for him and his Atonement. I feel I have never been closer to him and would not change this opportunity for anything!! I know He lives and loves everyone of us and that he died for all of you and for me! He has once again showed his love through restoring the true church on the face of the earth to help us have eternal families!!!! It is so incredible the love the Lord has for all of us!! He is the one that gives me the motivation to keep working until his purposes have all come about, he strengthens me and comforts me daily, and because of him I am here on the mission!! I know this church is true and I know the Savior glorified the Father’s name! I love all of you and can’t wait to hear from you all!!

Love,

 Elder Eppich, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment