Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Easter

Elder Eppich in Saladillo Argentina
April 1, 2013

Family,

Wow we had a super crazy week!!! On Monday we had a super spiritual lesson with one of our investigators and his wife, it was super good!

Then on Tuesday the craziness started happening. We had to travel to capital for the transfer meeting and we get in normal without any problems and then the next morning we go to the transfers and there was a TON of changes! It is crazy. I realized I don’t know too many people that are in the mission because I have been off in the middle of nowhere. Haha But I am the oldest one in campo now. There is no one that is even close. I don’t think President plans on ever taking me out of here, Haha but we will see! But then we try to get going home on Wednesday but because of the Holy Week and the Argentine pope there was no way to get home at all! Luckily we found a trip that left Thursday morning at about 8 but it was super late and we didn’t leave until 11 and then it took us about 4 hours to get out to Saladillo. As soon as we get to Saladillo we had to travel to 25 de mayo so that I could do a baptismal interview for an investigator over there! So Elder Nilsen and I go and I do the interview, and there was a problem with the guy so I had to call President Carter and he told me a few things I needed to find out from the guy. I was super nervous about the information, I had no idea how to find it out, but I just went and started talking and within 20 seconds I had all the information I needed and President Carter said, alright he is good to go. Haha then it really hit me how the spirit directed me word for word in that short experience, I didn’t even realize the words I was saying. Just a powerful testimony that the Lord always tells us what we need to say, when we need to say it! Super cool experience for me even though it doesn’t sound too cool.

  Then Friday we get back to Saladillo and we got to work!!! We worked super hard Friday and Saturday and the Lord blessed us on Sunday! We saw 6 investigators at church and we had 19 people in total! It was super awesome!! The Lord really blessed us a lot!!!
  Things are going really well out here in Saladillo. We are working super hard and the Lord is blessing us! I have really learned out here how to put everyone else’s needs in front of mine and as I have done that I have really gained an appreciation for the Savior and his Atonement for us! I am so grateful for this Easter time of year!! I hope we all remember what it means, it means that we can all return and live with our families forever! This Gospel is perfect! I know it! I hope you are all as stoked as I am to watch conference!!! Love you all!

Love, Elder Eppich

Elder Eppich and Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment