Monday, September 10, 2012

Re-dedication of BA Argentina Temple, President Eyring and Elders Ballard and Christofferson

BAW Mission Photo 9-8-12
September 8, 2012

Familia,

This week was awesome and we haven’t even finished yet!!!   First of all I still love the campo area!! The people are a lot more friendly and humble and we don’t have to worry about being robbed! Everyone knows everyone and everyone knows the missionaries and where we live and  what not!!! It is awesome!!!  Haha Supposedly we are getting new bikes pretty soon!!! Thank goodness because the bike I have is really small and the seat is broken. I look like a clown on a little bike, Haha..
Funny story, Thursday night we were riding bikes and my chain kept breaking, so I would fix it and keep going. then it started to rain. And the chain broke again and again. Haha I don’t know why but I wasn’t ever mad, I was just laughing at the situation I was in. LOL Then It broke in half. there was no fixing it this time. And the wheel fell off at the same time. we were about 10 blocks from our next appointment and it was pouring. So I picked up the bike in one hand and the wheel in the other and began walking to the appointment. LOL Elder Krausse got a kick out of it too!!
   There is a recent convert that is in the ward his name is George
and they call him jorgito because he is a little guy but has 22 years. Well before he got baptized he was drinking, smoking, and living with his girlfriend. But he left all of it to be baptized in 3 weeks. Well now his dad is so impressed that he is going to be baptized the 29th of this month!!! We have a lot of good investigators and the members are always giving us references! It is awesome!!! I don’t have much time so ill explain more about our investigators next week!!
  So Friday morning we woke up at 230, then took a van to Ramos Mejia, where the mission office, we got there in 2 and a half hours. normally it takes 5 hrs! We flew!! Haha luckily I was sleeping or I might of been scared!! LOL So we got here and just waited around all day, and did contacts and things. Then around 4 we went to the offices and began sitting down for the meeting! I saw all of my friends from the other missions and it was awesome!!!  However, the best part was when the general authorities spoke!!! Elder Cristofferson has incredible Spanish!!  He taught a lot about the Atonement and how we can apply it to our investigators! It was awesome!! Then Elder Ballard taught about our purpose and how great it is to be a missionary here and that the work is just getting started and it is going to grow and grow! I am so excited to be a part of it!!
  My favorite was President Eyring! It was incredible!!  He taught
about being happy! He taught how Christ really knows everyone of us, and that we are called of God to be here for a reason! So never ever doubt that we are to be somewhere. Also he said we can afford to stop early or ignore an impression because that could be the reason or reasons we are here!!!! How incredible!! Then he taught how joyous is our message and for that we always need to have a smile, and that when we really know our savior we were be happy and have a smile all the time. I really liked that because I feel like I am always happy on my mission and I get a lot of comments about that and about my smile!! I really can tell that the lord has prepared me my whole life to be the missionary I am!!  He also was saying whatever happens in this life we don’t need to be sad because we have a knowledge about the atonement and that all will be incredible in the world that comes and that we will live forever with our families in a perfect state! I know that is so true, and because of that I am here helping others come to this knowledge that I have!! Thanks for everything. I will write more details the 17th. Sorry about my English, feel free to correct it lol.
Love Elder Eppich

**Pictures courtesy of Sister Carter's blog of BAW mission
President Eyring taking pictures of the crowd after everyong started taking pictures of him. :)

President Eyring and his son, Stuart

Elder Ballard

Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment