Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cinco De Mayo and loving my Mission!

May 7, 2012
Family,

How is it all going for ya this week? This week flew by!!! Haha before
I forget to tell ya, so last week when I was in Columbia on an
exchange, they had a tornado about a half mile from the apartment!!!
It was just a little one, and didn't do much damage!! But there have
been some thunderstorms like the cabin ones every day this week!!
 Haha I am glad y'all liked the tamale pictures! It was really fun and
the tamales turned out really well! Everyone at the Cinco de Mayo
party loved them! They were pretty impressed with our skills. LOL
 This week was a really good week! You remember the Umbrella lady?
Well we were able to go teach her again, she has a super crazy
schedule so it is hard to get in there, but she said she read the book
of Mormon and knows it is true! We are just trying to get her to go to
church now!! She is really friendly and knows this is what she needs
in her life right now!! I hope that her husband will be able to come
to some lessons to because everything goes so much better when it is a
family lesson! That is what I love about this gospel and what I love
testifying about. That this Gospel is centered on Christ and on the
Family! I love the fact that we know what is going to happen to us
after this life and that we are going to live together forever!!! Not
many people know that and that is why I am so grateful to be able to
tell people about this plan!
 Our other investigator we are really focusing on is Brian. He is 9,
his brother Richard added Kade on FB. His mom is a member and so is
his brother Richard. But his dad isn't and that is what is keeping him
from being baptized. He really wants to be but his dad won’t let him
yet. I guess the missionaries in the past haven’t gotten along with him
really well, but now with us he is really warming up and jokes around
and actually talks with us, and I guess that has been unheard of! So
we are making progress with him and we are thinking he will come
around and start taking the discussions with us!
 There is a recent convert family that we have been talking with and
getting them ready for the temple, they have an awesome story! So the
father was a District attorney in Mexico and because of death threats
and stuff they had to flee the country! Then since they have been here
they have joined the church and are super strong! They are the
happiest family I have met on my mission! They went from being one of
the richest families in their area in Mexico; to the husband looking
for work right now, yet through all of this they are so happy! It is
because this Gospel blesses families!!
 My companion leaves in a week so I am not sure what is going to be
happening but I will let you know when we call next week! I am looking
forward to it!! I measured myself last week and I am about 6'3" and
1/4 almost 1/2! So I have been growing! LOL
 Thank you for all of the support! I am so grateful to be out here and
serving the people of this area! Thank you for everything!  Love,
Elder Eppich

P.S. Watch out for Karigan everyone!!! You will have to let me know
how track is going for everyone next time! Kade keep working hard
through the last few weeks of school!!!
The house looks awesome!!
Love, Elder Eppich
Tennessee Nashville Mission
105 Westpark Drive Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027-5010

No comments:

Post a Comment